I am responsible, as Chief Executive of Inland Revenue, for:
- the preparation of the department’s financial statements, and statements of expenses and capital expenditure, and for the judgements expressed in them;
- having in place a system of internal controls designed to provide reasonable assurance as to the integrity and reliability of financial reporting;
- ensuring that end-of-year performance information on each appropriation administered by the department is provided in accordance with sections 19A to 19C of the Public Finance Act 1989, whether or not that information is included in this annual report; and
- the accuracy of any end-of-year performance information prepared by the department, whether or not that information is included in this annual report.
In my opinion:
- the financial statements fairly reflect the financial position of the department as at 30 June 2022 and its operations for the year ended on that date; and
- the forecast financial statements fairly reflect the forecast financial position of the department as at 30 June 2023 and its operations for the year ending on that date.
- Mary Craig
- Acting Chief Executive of Inland Revenue
- Nick Bradley
- Chief Financial Officer