You can amend an employment information return after you've submitted it. For a particular payday you can:
- amend an employee's details
- add a new employee
- remove an employee.
From 1 April 2021, we'll require all employers to use payday filing version 2.
It’s important to note that amendments to Employment Information will have to be made using the same version as the original file. If you file through version 1 you must amend through version 1.
Gather your information
For each employee you want to amend details for, you will need their:
- full name, IRD number and tax code
- employment start date (if new employee)
- employment end date (if departing employee)
- pay period start and end dates
- pay cycle
- payday date
- gross earnings
- earnings not liable for ACC earners’ levy
- lump sum acknowledgement
- employer deductions, which may include PAYE, withholding tax, child support, student loan or KiwiSaver.
After logging into myIR, go to Payroll
Select the pay period you want to amend
You can do this under the Recent periods tab.
Select File or amend return
Select View or Amend Return
From here you can:
Amend an employee's details for this pay period
Choose the employee's name, then 'Amend'
Add a new employee for this pay period
Choose 'Add additional line item(s)'
Remove an employee for this pay period
Choose 'Removing line item' then 'Yes'
You need to check and declare each amendment is correct.
What happens next
You do not need to resubmit the employment information return.
Your amendments will show in your myIR account in 3-5 working days.