Before you start
You will need each employee’s:
- full name, IRD number and tax code
- start or finish date if they started or finished working for you during the month
- employer superannuation contribution tax
- pay period start and end dates
- pay cycle
- payday date
- gross earnings
- earnings not liable for ACC earners’ levy
- lump sum acknowledgement
- PAYE and any withholding tax deductions
- child support, student loan or KiwiSaver deductions
- net KiwiSaver employer contributions.
In myIR, select 'File or upload a return' on the current period on the payroll account
To file returns for previous periods select ‘Returns and transactions’ on the payroll account > Returns tab > ‘File now’.
Select 'Complete online'
Fill out the online return
Add the pay day and each employee’s information in their own tabs, then select ‘next’.
Submit it to us
Check your information is correct. If you’re going to pay by direct debit you can set this up now.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
After you've submitted your employment information you can:
- amend your return
- print your return.