Gather your information
You will need each employee’s:
- full name, IRD number and tax code
- start or finish date if they started or finished working for you during the month
- employer superannuation contribution tax
- pay period start and end dates
- pay cycle
- payday date
- gross earnings
- earnings not liable for ACC earners’ levy
- lump sum acknowledgement
- PAYE and any withholding tax deductions
- child support, student loan or KiwiSaver deductions
- net KiwiSaver employer contributions.
If you're not sure what to do next, or you just want a refresher, watch our video
After logging into myIR, go to Payroll
Select the pay period you want to file for
You can do this under the Recent periods tab.
Select File or amend return
Choose the enter online option
Add employee information
Enter your pay date. Then select the employee you are adding information for.
Enter the employee's details for the period.
Check and declare
Log in to myIR
What happens next
After you've submitted your employment information you can:
- amend your return
- print your return.