Employing staff Dates
AUG 20Employer deductions payment due for 1 to 15 August if you deduct more than $500,000 PAYE and ECST per year.
AUG 20Employer deductions payment due for July if you deduct less than $500,000 PAYE and ESCT per year.
SEP 5Employer deductions payment due for 16 to 31 August if you deduct more than $500,000 PAYE and ECST per year.
Gather your information
You will need each employee’s:
- full name, IRD number and tax code
- start or finish date if they started or finished working for you during the month
- employer superannuation contribution tax
- pay period start and end dates
- pay cycle
- payday date
- gross earnings
- earnings not liable for ACC earners’ levy
- lump sum acknowledgement
- PAYE and any withholding tax deductions
- child support, student loan or KiwiSaver deductions
- net KiwiSaver employer contributions.
Watch our video to learn about Completing your payday filing in myIR using on-screen entry
Go to your Payroll account in myIR
Select the Payroll account tile on your home page.
Select the Periods tab
Alternatively, you can select ‘View all periods’.
Choose the return you want to file
Select the month you’re filing, for example ‘30-Apr-2020’. This is on the left of the web page.
Select 'File or amend return'
This is on the right side of the page under ‘I want to’.
Select 'Complete online'
Fill out the online return
Add the date and each employee’s information in their own tabs, then select ‘next’.
Submit it to us
Check your information is correct. If you’re going to pay by direct debit you can set this up now.
What happens next
After you've submitted your employment information you can:
- amend your return
- print your return.