Income tax Dates
FEB 7End-of-year income tax and Working for Families bills are due, unless you have an extension of time to file your income tax return.
FEB 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
MAR 31Income tax returns are due if you have an extension of time
Gather your information
- the IRD number to be registered
- your contact details
- your BIC (business industry classification) code
- the date you'll start paying interest.
Log in to myIR
Select 'More' next to 'I want to'
Select 'Register for new tax accounts'
This is under ‘Other actions’.
Fill in the form
Select ‘Resident withholding tax (RWT)’.
Fill in your contact details, address and bank account, if needed. You’ll also need to give us specific details about your RWT account.
Submit the registration
Confirm your information is correct then click 'submit'.
What happens next
Submissions take up to 10 days to process.
We’ll contact you if we need more information. Your resident withholding tax account will be available in myIR after your application is processed.
You can either:
- complete the registration online
- download and fill in the form Resident withholding tax – interest payer registration – IR450. Post it to one of the addresses on the form. Remember to take a copy for your records.