The taxable income distribution of individuals section has reports on the number of individuals by income bands, the total taxable income by income band and the total tax on taxable income by income band.
These tables show estimates of the number of individuals in bands of taxable income up to:
- $250,000 for the 2001 to 2009 tax years
- $300,000 from the 2010 tax year onwards.
They also show total taxable income and income tax for individuals in each income band. The income and tax data are derived from:
- Personal tax summaries (PTS) until the 2018 tax year
- automatic income tax assessments from the 2019 tax year
- IR3 income tax returns
- employer PAYE information.
We update these statistics yearly. You can download the data from 2001 to 2022 on the taxable income of individuals datasets page. This update adjusts information for the 2021 tax year.
The latest update uses data extracted from Inland Revenue systems on 1 August 2023.