Skip to main content

End of tax year We’re sending income tax assessments out from late-May until the end of July. Find out more

Use this form if you want to stop getting child support under a formula assessment, voluntary agreement or court order. Only the receiving carer may cancel a voluntary agreement or court order. 

If cancelling a formula assessment, all receiving carers and any parent who has at least 28% of ongoing daily care must agree to cancel it.

Sharing care of a child or children

Gather your information

You'll need:

  • your current address
  • your contact details
  • the name of the liable parent
  • to list which child or children this applies to
  • the date you want child support to stop.

You can also tell us if you do not want to receive any outstanding child support payments.

Download and fill in the form

Send the form to us in myIR

Send your completed form to us in myIR.

Make sure you let us know the message is for child support. Attach your completed IR107 form and any supporting documents to the message.

You do not need to sign the form when sending it to us in myIR.

How to send a message in myIR

What happens next

We'll cancel your child support from the date you give us on the form.

My responsibilities

If you're getting the sole parent rate of benefit or Unsupported Child's Benefit, you cannot cancel a formula assessment for child support.

Once you've cancelled child support payments, you cannot later ask us to collect them. If you were owed payments before cancelling, you can collect those by applying through the Family Court.

Ministry of Justice - Child support

Check you've included your correct information and any documents we need. Sign the form and send your documents to us at:

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Child support - contact us