Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

For individuals & families
Te hunga takitahi me ngā whānau

As a parent

Inland Revenue deals with a number of issues that may affect you as a parent, including paid parental leave, Working for Families Tax Credits, child support, tax credits for working parents, and taxation of family trusts and property agreements.

Paid parental leave

Paid parental leave is paid to eligible working parents and adoptive parents when they take parental leave from their job(s) to care for their newborn or adopted child.

Nominate someone to act on your behalf

You can authorise someone to act on your behalf to help you when dealing with us.

Tax credits (formerly rebates) for working parents

You may apply for a tax credit if you earn a taxable income and have donated money to a charitable organisation, and/or have paid school fees, and/or have paid for childcare.