Make a payment
For individuals & families Te hunga takitahi me ngā whānau

When you retire

When you retire there are a number of tax issues that can affect you and you may wish to nominate someone to act on your behalf.

Student loans when you're receiving New Zealand Super or Veteran's Pension

If you have a student loan, you still have to make repayments towards this.

Nominate someone to act on your behalf

You can authorise someone to act on your behalf to help you when dealing with us.

Setting up trusts when you retire

If you're setting up a trust when you are retired there are tax issues you need to be aware of.

Tax on your income when you retire

There are some tax matters that may affect you when you retire: tax on investment or other income as well as NZ Super, using the correct tax code and tax on overseas pensions.

Working for families tax credits and child support when you retire

A retirement payment could affect the amount of working for families tax credits you receive, or the amount of child support you are assessed to pay.