Gather your information
First, you'll need to make sure you've set up a direct debit agreement with us.
Make a one-off payment in myIR
From the homepage in myIR, choose the account you want to pay. From here, select:
- 'Make a payment' > 'Variable direct debit payment'.
This means a one-off, single payment.
Fill in your details
If you have more than 1 bank account set up for direct debit, you'll be able to choose between them. You can also set your preferences for each account in the 'Settings' tab > 'Direct debit authority' tab.
Make sure your payment details are correct. You'll be able to choose:
- whether the payment is for an account or a return
- the payment period if it's for a return
- the amount you'll pay, either the full balance or a partial amount.
Authorise the payment
You'll need to give us permission to direct debit the amount from your account.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
You'll be able to print or save a confirmation of your direct debit submission. It is not a transaction receipt because it may take a few business days to process the transaction. You can follow its progress from the homepage in your myIR account by going to the:
- 'Submitted' tab > 'Processed' section.
If you cannot get direct debit to work, double-check if you've:
- set up an agreement with us
- approved the direct debit payment by clicking 'OK' when authorising us to debit the account
- got a bank account that can handle direct debit payments, for example, a transaction or chequing account instead of an investment account.
If you need help, contact us by sending us a message in myIR or give us a call.