Skip to main content

End-of-year arrangements Our offices and phone lines will close down over the holiday season, but our website, self-service 0800 number and myIR will remain available. Find out more

We've upgraded our voice system You may notice some changes the next time you call us. Find out more

Keeping your bank account details updated means we can pay any refund faster.

You can update your details anytime in myIR.

If you're adding an account for your Working for Families payments, the bank account must be in either the principal caregiver's name, or if it's a joint bank account the principal caregiver's name must be on the joint account.

In myIR, select the 'I want to...' tab

Select 'Manage refund bank accounts'

Select 'Add your bank account number'

You need to add your bank account number using this format:

10-1234-00123456-0000 (bank, branch, account, suffix)

You can find your bank account number in your internet banking app or on your bank statement. This may be more numbers than you have, so we’ll add the extra leading zeros to the account number or to the suffix if you do not add them. Your bank account will still be correct.


Add the name on your account

We'll also need the reference number if you have a credit union or building society account.

Select the account types you want to add the refund bank account for


Submit the change


Log in to myIR

You can call us at any time and update your main address using our self-service number.

Self-service 0800 (24/7)

Or, you can call us and speak with a customer service officer.

General enquiries and myIR support

Businesses and organisations - contact us

My responsibilities

It's important you keep your contact, income type and bank account details updated.

If you're a Working for Families or child support customer you'll also need to tell us about changes to your family situation or income.

Last updated: 16 Dec 2020
Jump back to the top of the page