To use self-service, you need to set up your voice ID, so we know it's really you calling us.Voice ID
Self-service is available 24 hours, 7 days a week, on all our 0800 numbers or by calling self-service directly on 0800 257 777
If you're using an 0800 number to self-serve, there is no wait time.
Self-service options let you:
- activate your myIR accounts
- add or change an address
- find out your IRD number
- reset your myIR passwords
- get an account balance – including student loans
- find out about gross wage PAYE totals if you're an employer
- find out about recent child support payments
- find out your tax refund for the current and last tax year
- find out the total of upcoming provisional tax payments
- find out who your KiwiSaver provider is
- find out your prescribed investor rate (PIR)
- make a credit or debit card payment - including for multiple account types and instalment arrangements (Visa and Mastercard only – fees apply)
- order a paper form or return
- request a KiwiSaver suspension, if enrolled for 12 months or more
- request a summary of your income
- request an Individual income tax return - IR3
- confirm a personal tax summary (PTS).
Self-service options available for child support
If you are a voice ID verified child support customer, you can:
- find out how to apply for child support and compulsory deductions
- find out your next payment date and amount you are due to pay
- find out the amount you need to pay if you have an outstanding balance and no arrangement to pay
- update your bank account details (updates in real time)
- make credit or debit card payments for any account type including for late payments (Visa and Mastercard only - fees apply)
- if you have a child turning 18 in the calendar year, you can confirm if they are still at school (applies for Working for Families too)
- get account balances
- find out about different ways you can make payments
- request forms and guides
- update address details.
Additional services for overseas child support customers
- find out if you are under a Services Australia or Hague arrangement and how to contact that authority if you want to set up a payment arrangement
- get a default assessment and give evidence of your income (including advising to complete an IR104 and submitting in myIR)
- pay child support using a credit or debit card in self service (Visa and Mastercard only – fees apply).
Cost of Living payment customers
If you were eligible by 31 May 2023 and didn’t receive your payment(s) please make sure we have your correct bank account number for your Income tax account. You can check your bank account information in myIR. If you do not have a myIR account, you can register for one. Otherwise, you can call us on 0800 473 777.
If you’re registered for voice ID, you can do this 24/7 and there is no wait time. Alternatively, we have people to help you from 8am to 6pm on weekdays.
Self-service in myIR
There are many self-service options available in myIR.
myIR secure online services