- If you stop employing permanently
Let us know if you stop paying wages permanently, even if your business is still operating. We'll stop sending you employer forms each month and reminders.
Up to the date you stop employing you need to complete your final:
- Employer monthly schedule (IR348) if you use ir-File
- Employment information schedule if you're a payday filer, or
- Employer schedule (IR348) if you're a paper filer, and
- Employer deductions (IR345) form.
- If you stop employing temporarily
If you temporarily cease employing staff you need to file your IR345 as a nil return for the months you're not employing. You also need to file an IR348 or Employment information schedule. You can do this in myIR.