Skip to main content

Service changes and updates IR offices, myIR and phone lines (SPK2IR) are unavailable until the morning of Thursday 28 October for planned system maintenance. Find out more

Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) You will not be able to apply for the RSP in myIR until the morning of Thursday 28 October. Businesses affected by the alert level increase that started on 17 August can apply in myIR from 28 October. Applications for a 4th payment round are planned to open on 29 October. Find out more

Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) The government has announced an increase to the amount and frequency of the RSP from 12 November. Find out more

You can request information from us under the Official Information Act 1982 and the Privacy Act 2020.

Before you make an official information request, make sure you know how they work, and which types of requests you can make.

Responses to Official Information Act requests

Fill in our online form

If you cannot find what you need on our websites or in your myIR account, the simplest way to make requests for information is by using our online form.

Make an official information request

Email us

You can email us at [email protected]

Call us

Your location Phone number
New Zealand 0800 775 247
Overseas +64 9 952 5914

Hours (New Zealand time): Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm

Post us

Information Requests
Inland Revenue
PO Box 2198
Wellington 6140

If you email, call or post us

When you make your personal or information request, make sure you include:

  • that you're making a request for information
  • the information you're requesting, for example, documents or information on a topic created within a stated timeframe such as January 2016 to June 2016
  • your name
  • your preferred address for receiving information, either postal or email
  • a daytime contact phone number
  • your IRD number, if you know it, when requesting personal information - this will help us identify you and make sure we give you the correct information.

We'll always try to respond to your request using your preferred contact method. If we can't we'll let you know why.

Other ways to contact us

Services for people with hearing loss

Kaitakawaenga Maori

What we'll do once we've received your request for information

Once we've received your request, we'll acknowledge it and let you know our timeframe for responding.

If you're not happy with our response to your request

You have the right to ask the Ombudsman to investigate and review our decision.

Ombudsman New Zealand -

Maintaining confidentiality under the revenue laws

We have a responsibility to protect the integrity of the the tax system and refer to it for all IR information disclosure requests.

Last updated: 30 Jun 2021
Jump back to the top of the page