Skip to main content

Foreign investment fund calculator The Foreign investment fund calculator is not working correctly and has been removed from our website. If you need help, please contact us

Wellington Customer service desk Our central Wellington office is currently closed. Please call us on 0800 775 247 to book an appointment with us. Other ways to contact us

Send us a message using myIR

To keep your personal information safe we avoid using email. Contact us by logging in to your myIR account. It will save you time because we'll already have your details handy.

Do it now in myIR

How to send a message in myIR

Call us about income tax and fringe benefit tax (FBT)

Enquiry Phone number Current call wait times
Personal (within NZ) 0800 775 247 Service unavailable
Business (within NZ) 0800 377 774 Service unavailable
Overseas callers +64 4 831 2214 Call wait times unavailable

Contact us about the temporary loss carry-back (LCB) scheme and Small Business Cashflow (loan) scheme (SBCS)

Before you contact us, check out the information on our website, as it may have the answer you're looking for.

Temporary loss carry-back scheme

Small Business Cashflow (Loan) Scheme

If you have further questions or requests related to either of these schemes, you can send a secure message through your myIR account – for the LCB scheme, select 'Income Tax', message category 'Other' and message type Loss carry-back scheme'.

Our team will contact you as soon as they can. 

Calling hours

Our contact centres are open (NZ time):

Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, 9am to 1pm

Write to us about income tax or FBT

Postal address:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
New Zealand

Other ways to contact us

Services for people with hearing loss

Kaitakawaenga Maori

Top pages for income tax

What happens at the end of the tax year

Tax credits for donations

Paying your provisional tax

Tax codes for individuals