Skip to main content

Call us and request an interpreter

If you want to speak in your own language, you can ask for an interpreter when you call us. 

When calling, answer any of the phone questions or prompts you're able to complete. When a customer service officer answers your call, ask for the language you want to use and we'll set this up for the rest of your call.

Enquiry Phone number Current call wait times
Personal (within NZ) 0800 775 247 Call wait times unavailable
Individuals - Working for Families 0800 227 773 Call wait times unavailable
Business (within NZ) 0800 377 774 Call wait times unavailable
Overseas callers +64 4 832 5205 Call wait times unavailable 

Additional countries can now call us for free from Australia, Canada, United States of America, China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, South Korea and United Kingdom:

Overseas customers ─ our tollfree numbers

If you're in New Zealand, we also have free services for:

  • people with hearing loss
  • Māori individuals, organisations and businesses.

Services for people with hearing loss

Kaitakawaenga Māori

Tax information in your language

We have some pages translated into certain languages. It's a good idea to check if they answer some or all of your questions.



Get your documents translated

If you need documents partially or fully translated, you can either use:

  • the Translation Service
  • any of the approved translators listed by Waka Kotahi - New Zealand Transport Agency. 

Approved translators (Waka Kotahi - New Zealand Transport Agency)

Translating documents into English ( information for the Translation Service)

Send us a message in myIR

If you're comfortable with English or have someone who can help you translate, you can send us a message in myIR. It's our online tool for helping you manage your taxes, including contacting us.

Log in to myIR

How to send a message in myIR

Register for myIR

If you do not have myIR, it's a good idea to sign up for it. You can use it for most of what you need to do for your taxes. You'll need to get an IRD number before you can register for a myIR account.

IRD numbers

myIR secure online services

Last updated: 27 Nov 2023
Jump back to the top of the page